Malaysian Indian Football Association (hereafter referred as M.I.F.A.) is a legally registered body with the Malaysian Sports Commissioner under the Malaysian Youth and Sports Ministry.
Established on 26th April 2004 by the Founder President Late Hon. Dato’ M.S. Maniam, its routine Affairs are tended by an Executive Committee Members which are represented by an eight (8) state affiliate.
¨In 2003, the idea of having an Indian based Football Association was an idea brought upon to MIFA’s pioneer members such as Dato S.Pathy, S.Rajamanikam (Perak) and Late Hon. Dato M.S Maniam. They then travelled around the nation forming various State Indian Football Associations to be affiliated with the national body known as the Malaysian Indian Football association.
¨Established on 26th April 2004 by the Founder President Late Hon. Dato’ M.S. Maniam, its routine Affairs are tended by an Executive Committee Members which are represented by an eight (8) state affiliate.
¨M.I.F.A. serves as a springboard for young Indian talented football players who harbour the desire to elevate their football skills and to unveil young talented Indian footballers in the country.
¨The first tournament organised by MIFA was the Inaugural Dato Seri S.Samy Velu Competition which was won by Selangor.
¨In 2006, under the leadership of Dato’ Seri Vel Paari, MIFA expended the competitions to include Piala Dato’ K. Pathmanaban (National Under 16 tournament) and Piala Dato M.S. Maniam Cup (National Under 12 tournament) which was one of the key factors in the growth of Malaysian Indian football.
¨MIFA Participated in the 59th & 60th Coppa Carnival, Italy in 2007 and 2008, International Football Tournaments.
¨In 2008, Datuk T.Mohan took over the presidency of MIFA and had introduced a few more competitions Piala Tan Sri Dato’ S. Subramaniam (Veterans) and Inter Media Tournaments.
To Qualify 2016 Malaysia Premier League
* To cultivate top quality Indian footballers
* To provide a world class program that develops world class Indian soccer players
* To provide high level coaching to nurture and develop local talent through a technical and tactical training program combined with game competition at the highest level.
* To staff MISC-MIFA with the best and most passionate coaches in the Nation.
* To gain relentless support and participation from our community, affliate clubs, and communities.
* To partner with other football organizations and non-football organizations that can help us reach and achieve our vision.
* To develop and improve our facilities and equipment.
* To improve our marketing, messaging and communication.
* To be financially self sufficient.